What kind of thing SCREAMS at night?

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
Not like a fox, I've heard them.

The other night there was screaming, like a woman's scream, I thought someone was having a fight! So I took my nosey self outside and looked around - the chickens were OK but on high alert. I went looking around the side of the house and something kinda big and bulky was rustling in my neighbour's shrubs......it wasn't making anymore noise and I was only armed with a flashlight. But I got spooked and went back inside. What could it have been?

Last edited:
I was thinking cats too, but wow, that sound CREEPY!!!
hide.gif

If you were in TX, I'd say chupacabra!! LOL

It wasn't a cat fight, it was really wild and strange sounding. ( I have cats ) The scream would go up in volume and then wind down. Scary sounding.

Some kind of cat, Luna.
Down here, when we hear that "woman screaming"-it's usually a panther(doesn't sound anything like a domestic cat-it makes your hair stand on end). Be careful, it may be more than just a regular cat.

I wonder.........we DO have woods behind us, but we live in a regular old hood, houses close together, sidewalks out front. I haven't seen stray cats around here in years, everyone walks their dog too. I just remembered - don't rabbits scream? And WHAT would be attacking it?

Year of the Rooster - maybe a coon got a rabbit?

Back
Top Bottom