What kind of thing SCREAMS at night?

Rabbits scream, but from your description it sounds like a wild cat of some type. Bobcats are known for going into populated areas where there is a lack of wilderness. It very well could have been one.

Do you have bobcats or mountain lions? I've heard one of those before and yeah, the scream really is freaky.
ep.gif

Dar - those are some scary sounds - there's a whole different world at night
hide.gif
This scream is high pitched. Not a fisher cat ( I hope ) cause I have a few cracks in my run I need to fix, like right now.

You are hearing a panther, I have heard them & seen them back home where I'm from, there is no mistaken that sound,you better be armed with more than a flash light to, I have seen what they can do to very large bulldogs to & trust me they are BAD !!!!!!

I sreamed like a woman when I stepped on my cats tail in the dark,accidentally.But my usual screaming is when im asleep and having nightmares.
lau.gif

Quote:
I second that... I have a nature preserve adjecent to the back of my property with it attached to the PRWMA. Coyotes come in as close as the debris wall(katrina wall of logs and vegetation pushed into a wall by dozers). My oldest soncamps out there on weekends and always hears them. I've watched them tearing into the neighborhoods lately eating domestic pets.there is a countywide hunt and destroy going on because of re attacks. They sounds aweful when they put out that attck cry. Its worse than a banshee...

Oh good Lord, you guys are creeping me out. We have a great horned owl, but I've only heard the hooting, but it is February......isn't that when they are looking for a mate? But this thing was in the bushes rustling around if it was the same thing that was making that noise very possible we had a couple of things going on...........

I'll tell you that screaming made my hair stand up and chills down my spine. I'd ask my neighbour if he heard anything, but I swear people around here don't pay attention to their surroundings! I'd sound like a fool or something.

Back
Top Bottom