What kind of worm is this?

haejungkim

Chirping
Feb 14, 2017
I found this twice in one of my chickens poo. It was dead and a bit hard. Can someone ID this?
2018-02-23 08.02.26.jpg

Anyone for Spaghetti???????
Thats an adult round worm! So theres probably microscopic eggs in an bird and maybe on the ground.
Tapes are more flat, the segments of tapes are usually from adults shedding end fragments and laying eggs. Dont know about birds but dogs get tapes from eating fleas.

Use Febendazol or albendazole on the round worms, Febendazol is newer and than its older brother Valbazen/albendazole safer and better I think. Look for Safe-gard for Goats at TSC/Febendazol. Treat any and all birds again and again again in 2 weeks treat for 2 months aka 3 or 4 times to be safe. Get rid of the worm it still may have eggs in it and others may eat the worm. Yum!
Worm eggs can be dormant in the ground for up to a year and still infect, so I would burn the ground, slat it and lime it, turn it, and burn again. maybe even move the pen if possible.

Most meds only paralize the adult worm which detaches and poops out, meds do not kill the eggs, so you need to treat again and then again to kill the offspring in the body after they hatch. In your pen huh? Well theres probably a colony (more than one adult worm) inside something or all birds.

Burn any and all worm in a can it may still have eggs in it, treat the grounds as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom