What kind on quail?

Yea cali quail, most places need a permit for them thoug , i live in ca and we are supposed to have one for them but not for coturnix or button quail were im at lol

California quail and Gambel's quail are very similar to each other and both have the plume.
Do you mean you like the thumbnail picture, or do you mean the bird in the thumbnail picture has a plume?
I meant that looks like the thumbnail.

California quail and Gambel's quail are very similar to each other and both have the plume.
Do you mean you like the thumbnail picture, or do you mean the bird in the thumbnail picture has a plume?
Agreed. Californian quails are probably the most used by humans but Gambel‘s and other species like mountain quail have the plume on their heads. Scaled quail also have a little one but it’s more of their head feathers sticking up. :)

Agreed. Californian quails are probably the most used by humans but Gambel‘s and other species like mountain quail have the plume on their heads. Scaled quail also have a little one but it’s more of their head feathers sticking up. :)
I admit those mountain quail and scaled quail are so tempting !

Back
Top Bottom