What kind

chickenboy190

Crowing
6 Years
May 31, 2013
Ohio
of chickens are they
[/IMG]

for true araucanas look for rump-less birds, Most the time you can only get them from a breeder

when a place labels the same bird with two different names, that's a red flag. Plus try to do some research on the breed you want before you buy so you know what they look like as chicks and adults. As ee's lay any color of egg and come in any look, ameraucanas lay only blue eggs and are in 8 colors, araucanas lay only blue and are not muffed but tufted sometimes and rump-less

but they will still lay you some nice eggs and look pretty
thumbsup.gif

I bought them at rural king don't know if you ever heard of them but I don't realy care because my moms friend said they had some chickens that laid different kinds of eggs and she said that araucanas were the ones but I don't care as long as they lay different kinds of eggs and ee's have better reviews so thanks.

Last edited:
I bought them at rural king don't know if you ever heard of them but I don't realy care because my moms friend said they had some chickens that laid different kinds of eggs and she said that araucanas were the ones but I don't care as long as they lay different kinds of eggs and ee's have better reviews so thanks.
I have heard of rural king before I go there a lot. And they sell EEs not araucanas or ameraucanas.At the rural king closest to me this is how they label them- americana/araucana/(the easter egger chicken).They are EEs they just mislabel them.

Back
Top Bottom