what kinda breed is this????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cochinrooster, Jun 20, 2011.

1. cochinrooster

cochinrooster Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Hey guys, i dont have any pics of this chicken right now i'll try and get one soon but for now i will just explain how it looks and maybe you guys can give me some input. so this bird has an all black body but its neck and head are a very light brown,it has black legs or a dark blue slate and it has straight black eyes. Its also a bit smaller than the other birds i got with it so i was thinking maybe a banty. She is also every bit if not more as flighty as a leghorn.... i got two ameraucana's and a welsummer along with her and they all are pretty used to me now but she goes crazy as soon as i try and grab her to put her up at night (bigger coop in process) she screams and does what ever it takes to get away:rant. The other night i held her for a minute and she calmed down a bit it seemed like but tonight it was the same ol' stuff. anybody want to guess????[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Any guess without a picture would be just that---a guess.

3. cochinrooster

May 18, 2011
    ya your right but no pics till tomarrow

4. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I'm going to guess with out the picture just to see if I'm right. Old english game bird.

5. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:That was my thought too, a Brown Red.

6. cochinrooster

May 18, 2011
    You guys were right!!!! i looked up brown red oegb on google and there she was....wierd i never thought i would own one of those. So now that i know what she is can you give me any info on how well they lay?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by