What Laid This Egg?

ldrchickens

Songster
Jul 1, 2018
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys. I was out doing spring cleanup yard work today and found this big ol egg in the yard. Not in a nest or anything. In the wide open. It's plain white and fairly heavy. Anyone have an idea of what it could be? I took it to a friend to incubate it for me since I'm all out of broody hens. She thinks it could either be a wild turkey or a stray peacock. She raises peacocks and it's identicale to her eggs but the closes peacocks to me are 10 miles away. We have wild turkeys, canadian geese, and several other wild birds all around us. Here's some pics comparing it to my hand and my silkie eggs. Plus a bonus pic of my big ok baby duxks since these are the only 3 pics so far on my new phone lol TIA!
20190327_171733.jpg
20190327_171739_HDR.jpg
20190327_160128.jpg

It's too bad you don't have an incubator so you can catalog the progress here on byc!! Is your friend a member?? Can he/she do this? We love to obsess about these things here!! :pop
They do not. But she will be keeping me updated on the progress as well as pics so i will for sure be keeping you guys updated on the progress!

Back
Top Bottom