What machine dices up grass?

mooSa

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Ok, I make my own feed for my baby chicks. I have a complete mixture for them but it doesnt include natural grass. What is the name of the machine that can cut up grass, leaves , etc.. into tiny pieces? This way i can give them fresh pasture on a daily basis. Any ideas? I mean i tried a blender but i need somthing specifically made for this. The blender at home wasnt too effective and hard to work with.

what about a mulching blade for a lawn mower? why not just let the grass go to seed and harvest it for the seed are chicks love the seed more then the grass anyway, and you dont have to worry about impacted crop

A food processor would probably work better than a blender. The longer you process food, the smaller the pieces become. It works best not to over-load them with food, otherwise you don't get uniform sized pieces.

If you added a small amount of water to the grass, you might be able to make a pulp with a blender. I'd try not to make it too wet, just wet enough to process, so it's a drier pulp. If you were going to mix it into a meal sized amount of mash, then I guess you could add a bit more water.

I don't think a shredder/chipper for the yard would make small enough bits for young chicks. How many chicks are you feeding and how old are they? For just a few chicks, even a scissors would work to cut teeny slivers of grass, but it would be tedious for a lot of chicks.

Back
Top Bottom