What made you happy today?

Great now I have to Google how many people were killed by turkeys. I’ve checked for that information on ducks, geese and chickens so far only one guy died from chickens and one guy died from geese
I met a guy with scars on both sides of his face because he was bent over in front of his tom while fixing a hole in the fence. The tom raked both sides of his face as it tried to breed his head.

I met a guy with scars on both sides of his face because he was bent over in front of his tom while fixing a hole in the fence. The tom raked both sides of his face as it tried to breed his head.
I guess no guard turkeys for me, then. I have been thinking about a pair of guard geese, though. I don't really like dogs, especially after moving up here, but geese can be pretty territorial. If I raise them from chicks, they should accept me, right? I still need to do research before I seriously consider them, though.

I guess no guard turkeys for me, then. I have been thinking about a pair of guard geese, though. I don't really like dogs, especially after moving up here, but geese can be pretty territorial. If I raise them from chicks, they should accept me, right? I still need to do research before I seriously consider them, though.
When I was young, my mom had a couple geese for a while. They never attacked me or anything, but sneaking out at night was some ninja level stuff.

When I was young, my mom had a couple geese for a while. They never attacked me or anything, but sneaking out at night was some ninja level stuff.
Like I said, I still need to do more research on their personalities and needs, but the more I read, the more I think they would be good guard animals for me. I'll probably need to clip their wings to keep them from flying over the fence and bothering the neighbours, but I do like the idea.

I'm not going to worry about it until I get a front fence, though.

Like I said, I still need to do more research on their personalities and needs, but the more I read, the more I think they would be good guard animals for me. I'll probably need to clip their wings to keep them from flying over the fence and bothering the neighbours, but I do like the idea.

My adult geese never flew.

I don't recall them going over the 5-6' fence. Nor do I recall wing clipping. I'm fairly sure they were not male (I don't know proper terms for geese). But, yeah, they are good at alerting.

Back
Top Bottom