What made you happy today?

I don't recall them going over the 5-6' fence. Nor do I recall wing clipping. I'm fairly sure they were not male (I don't know proper terms for geese). But, yeah, they are good at alerting.

My adult geese never flew.
Good to know! I was hoping that a 6' fence would keep them in, but I'd read that they can fly. Considering how I feel about people letting their dogs run loose, I'd be pretty hypocritical to let my geese (if/when I get any) run loose.

Edit: When I get to the point of actually deciding whether or not to get them, I'll probably go hang out in the goose forum area and ask a bunch of dumb questions.

I could send an alligator. That would be fun if the vandal comes back.
Florida gator.
20240406_155533.jpg

I guess no guard turkeys for me, then. I have been thinking about a pair of guard geese, though. I don't really like dogs, especially after moving up here, but geese can be pretty territorial. If I raise them from chicks, they should accept me, right? I still need to do research before I seriously consider them, though.
IMG_3275.jpg

I Love my Pilgrim geese, I raised them from day old goslings. You just need to spend time with them and they will accept you as a flock member.

View attachment 3793834
I Love my Pilgrim geese, I raised them from day old goslings. You just need to spend time with them and they will accept you as a flock member.
If I get guard geese I want to get a sign that says:

These premises are guarded by Cobra Chickens

Back
Top Bottom