What made you happy today?

Pics
Weeding two of my raised beds made me happy today.

My neighbor gave me some goodies for my chickens too. A couple of their favorite treats: melon guts and carrot peels.

Getting together with good friends yesterday was wonderful We went to the Frederik Meijer Gardens, and toured the Japanese Garden. I hadn't seen it before. I gave them 6 eggs. Her sister has chickens and ducks, so she knows how great fresh eggs are.

I'm looking forward to having more chickens so I can share/sell eggs!

Weeding two of my raised beds made me happy today.

My neighbor gave me some goodies for my chickens too. A couple of their favorite treats: melon guts and carrot peels.

Getting together with good friends yesterday was wonderful We went to the Frederik Meijer Gardens, and toured the Japanese Garden. I hadn't seen it before. I gave them 6 eggs. Her sister has chickens and ducks, so she knows how great fresh eggs are.

I'm looking forward to having more chickens so I can share/sell eggs!
I love botanical gardens. If you're ever down here, check out Washington Oaks. Not that great, but great at the same time.

The pullet that hatched this year was checking out the nest boxes. Only had 2 hatch out of 12 (momma bird's first hatch and she got off the nest before the other 10 finished). Her brother is already taking over as the head rooster after his dad passed away to old age last month. Lil sister laying puts me back to 12 laying birds and replaces one that died last year. Didn't get an egg from her but I'm glad she's ready to not be a freeloader any more.

My sister and her family have been having plumbing issues, my brother in law was unsure how to fix it. They haven't been able to shower or do laundry without water backing up. My hubby is a jack of all trades and we rented a drain snake and cleared their lateral for them. Got a huge ball of shrub roots out. Water is now flowing like it should! So now that they know where the problem is, they can fix it. Felt good to be able to help them out and save them plumber fees.

This:

Attachments

• 47955.jpeg
    47955.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom