What made you happy today?

I’m a science g33k. Grew up with grandparents helping “turbo charge” my learning curiosity: geology, geography, topography, plate tech-tonics, meteorology…. Etal to a lesser degree.
Here in “North Texas” the same is true for the weather & seasonal changes over the last 25~odd years!
Hayden has done this same thing with DD (and now Harley, granddaughter) and I think it is a great way for a kid to grow up. Learning about everything! :love

Are you serious?
There is nothing weird with growing tulips. Tulips grow on open land. The farmers just use a lot of chemicals to prevent sicknesses in the plants.
I always thought that tulips were best grown in Holland due to their sea level and rich soil over there. Didn't factor in any chems or carcinogens for protection.

We are redoing the fence around one of the gardens this year. 2022 will be The Year of the Fence. The project is going very well.

What made me happy today is the fact that we will NOT need to move The Big Rock. It will be just outside the fence. Here's a picture, with my size 11 shoe for scale.
IMG_2462.JPG

We are redoing the fence around one of the gardens this year. 2022 will be The Year of the Fence. The project is going very well.

What made me happy today is the fact that we will NOT need to move The Big Rock. It will be just outside the fence. Here's a picture, with my size 11 shoe for scale.
View attachment 3153930
I’d approximate that stone to weigh in about 700-1100lbs depending on its density.
With all the stones I have broken, extracted, moved, relocated, pushed, pulled, & slid over the last 11 years here on our hill…. I can share pictures later of just what fun you “lucked out of” by having to not mess with it! (Smirks)

View attachment 3153930
Looks like a meteorite

Are you serious?
There is nothing weird with growing tulips. Tulips grow on open land. The farmers just use a lot of chemicals to prevent sicknesses in the plants.
Fields, and fields, and fields - a beautiful sight. Lucky enough to have been there/seen that.
I’d approximate that stone to weigh in about 700-1100lbs depending on its density.
With all the stones I have broken, extracted, moved, relocated, pushed, pulled, & slid over the last 11 years (Smirks)
Prison sentence ?

How many Hot Dogs did you eat?
That was a bit of a disappointment. The combination of Father's Day, superhero night, and fireworks resulted in a crowd like I have never seen there. I ordered my hotdogs, sweet tea, and French fries and off the Princess and our daughter went to fill my order. 20 minutes later they came back with fake pizza on some sort of bread and a bottle of water. Like many businesses lately apparently they are grossly understaffed. Lines at the food stations were long and service was slow because of the shortage of help. Pizza line was shortest so that's what I got. :( Somewhere around the bottom of the 8th inning DD appeared with French fries and one hotdog. It was good.

Back
Top Bottom