What made you happy today?

When my son was in HS, it seemed a lot of the brighter kids took that route. I totally got it. (He did stay in, IIRC.)
My son was unhappy and did poorly in HS. I allowed him to drop out early in his junior year (11th grade) with the understanding that he would get his GED. He had two years of HS, and yet passed his GED on the first try. I was proud of him for that. He since went on to get a BA degree, major in English. He's a late bloomer as my mother predicted, 30 years ago.

This story does a bit to restore my faith in my fellow human beings.

My neighbor, Jamie, is dying of heart failure. They called a small company to come clean their windows. The price had gone up, of course, since everything is more expensive. They told the guys to do what they could do in the time allowed for the $200 fee. One of the workers saw Jamie sitting in her chair, bundled up in blankets, and asked her husband if she was ok.

No, no she's not.

He gave them the check for $200, and one of the guys wanted to give him $100 bill in change. Charlie said, no, but thank you. So the guy said that they had noticed that the gutters were clogged full of leaves, and they would come back another day to clean them, for free.

Which they did, today.

This story does a bit to restore my faith in my fellow human beings.

My neighbor, Jamie, is dying of heart failure. They called a small company to come clean their windows. The price had gone up, of course, since everything is more expensive. They told the guys to do what they could do in the time allowed for the $200 fee. One of the workers saw Jamie sitting in her chair, bundled up in blankets, and asked her husband if she was ok.

No, no she's not.

He gave them the check for $200, and one of the guys wanted to give him $100 bill in change. Charlie said, no, but thank you. So the guy said that they had noticed that the gutters were clogged full of leaves, and they would come back another day to clean them, for free.

Which they did, today.
Goodness/kindness does exist. Sometimes the evil distracts us from that fact.

Back
Top Bottom