What Made You Want To Raise Pigeons?

The thing that made me want to raise pigeons was my grandpa
Since i was little he had a big loft of only ash red long distance racing homers that he keep in a semi wild state
They were 24/7 outside and only the strongest ones lived and breed in the loft
The ones that werents strong were eated by hawks or died by a dieses or something like that
And the strongest of the strongest went to races
When i was 9 we needed to move home for one year
We left grandpa and grandma take care of the house and everything
When we came back my grandpa surpised me with a small loft with 4 pairs of breeders
Since then i raised pigeons

The thing that made me want to raise pigeons was my grandpa
Since i was little he had a big loft of only ash red long distance racing homers that he keep in a semi wild state
They were 24/7 outside and only the strongest ones lived and breed in the loft
The ones that werents strong were eated by hawks or died by a dieses or something like that
And the strongest of the strongest went to races
When i was 9 we needed to move home for one year
We left grandpa and grandma take care of the house and everything
When we came back my grandpa surpised me with a small loft with 4 pairs of breeders
Since then i raised pigeons
awesome! What a cool story. Do you have pictures of your pigeons?
Hey... I got people answering, didn't I? :celebrate
nice job! It's nice to have you around!

One day on a car ride my boys were asking what types of birds I have had and asked about pigeons. It was one of the types of birds I have never had and started doing some research. Within a week out of coincidence I ended up finding a dead racing of homer at my mothers house that I believe was eaten by a rat. After finding this dead bird and talking with my kids the week before we decided to track down the owner. Once I got in contact with him he let me pick his brain and said if I ever wanted to get into pigeons to not buy any and to let him know. I ended up building my loft at the beginning of the pandemic and a few months later ended up getting 15 birds, which is down to 13 now from loft flying

Back
Top Bottom