What makes you feel better when you're sick?

Ok the pony is really cute! For me, lots of tea with honey and lemon, but that was mentioned. I like wrapping myself in my electric blanket ( the doc says they are really bad for you- but whole other story) and having the cord hang off of me while I watch my chickens for my window. Oh! I know this sounds really disgusting, but by day 3 and I feel a little better, I crave McDonalds Chicken Nuggets and fries (gross and I know)! Lastly, sinus rinses are disgusting but when you can't breathe, for me, I'll take anything.

Ditto ginormous.

The idea of cleaning out your nasal passageway (not just blowing your nose) grosses some people out, but it can really help to relieve pressure. I also try to rinse out my nose and mouth after I've been working with treated wood or particle board, OSB, etc. Those glues and things can give me a wicked headache.
For me at least, when I'm truly sick, I find the best thing is usually the last thing I want to do... actually get out/off of the bed/couch and take a long, hot shower.
I like to time it for when DH is around, so I can ask him to join me if I'm feeling faint
wink.png

What's more difficult is figuring out what to do for DH when he's sick.
hu.gif

This reminded me to look for my neti pot. My sinus are fine as long as I don't lay down, and I really like to lay down when I sleep. I just hate having plug sinuses when I am sleeping. I am going to have to think hard about where that pot is. It has to be in the kitchen, maybe the plants in the greenhouse window ate it. Uf da!

I hope everyone feels better soon.

Besides the things you have tried I have eaten some candied ginger.Normally hate ginger,but I can handle chewing on a little of the sugared stuff. I usually sleep if I wake up with a headache,because nothing will get rid of the headache.

Rosehip/catnip tea I like too.

no, we got him from Dian Harris of dusty rose miniatures in California. it took us forever to find a nice stallion!

i love your guy ! im a sucker for bay pintos!!! beautiful!

if I have an upset stomach I usually go for a dry, untoasted bagel and some water.

If I have a migrain that wont let up. I usually go for french toast or pancakes. Usually the sugar helps alot. sometimes with the nausea its hard to sit down to all the sugar, but after the first couple bites, you just cant say no to french toast!

Migranes = LOTS OF CAFFIENE for me!!! LOL!

Luckily mine so far is just head and chest. I am sure that the 4-H OUTDOOR meeting I just went to didn't help much either. Ack, smokey fire, now I am really stuffed up.
sad.png
But little kids telling ghost stories!! Priceless. Bet ya didn't know there is a hamburger tree that ate a milk shake tree...

Back
Top Bottom