What Medications Should I Keep On Hand For My Flock?

WRVgirl

Songster
7 Years
Jun 16, 2012
Zone 8a
I obviously didn't think this whole Chicken ownership though properly, because I now have a whole flock of sick chickens.

I was wondering what I should keep on hand for them...there are so many different medications and supplements, which ones are worth it, and which should I pass up on.

I'm going to run up to TSC today to get some wormer...they don't carry the Valbazen, but they have something that starts with an L, as well as Wazine.

So far I've ordered;

2 gallons of Oxine

I just want to have the important stuff on hand if something is to happen to my flock again.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your flock. I dont have any answers but want to just send ya alil support. I sure feel for you and your chickies. I am gald you asked such a good question cause Im a newbie really and sure do want to hear the answers. You make sure to take care sweetie and let us know how your flock is doing please. Ill sure be thinking of you guys!!!!!

I went to TSC today and bought tylan-50 as well as a liquid broad spectrum wormer. I threw some of the round worm chicken wormer [starts with a W] into the cart too.

They had antiseptic spray too so I got some.

I just want to have everything on hand in case anything else goes wrong. I ordered 2 gallons of the Oxine from Amazon too, but it will take a week to get here so in the meantime I have a gallon of outdoor bleach that I'm going to cut with water and use in my sprayer to clean the coop out.

I guess I'll be calling the vet in the morning, it's a shame we don't have a good avian [chicken] vet in our area...

Back
Top Bottom