What, oh what, could they be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RanchHens, Sep 7, 2013.

1. RanchHens

RanchHens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2013
    Central Texas
    Hello All,

I have two more mystery birds for you.

Tweedle Dum, the match to our free-ranging rooster, Tweedle Dee, came with a mixed flock of bantams. The closest I've found to him are the Pheonix/Duck Wing Bantams, however none of the colors really seem to match. Any guesses?

[​IMG]

This is Peppercorn, originally Popcorn, who is to date the smallest Rooster I've ever seen. He is gorgeous though. I don't particularly care for his body type, or his frantic flighty additude, but he is being kept in because eventually I'd like to cross him onto my bantam hens, and maybe my silkies, to see if the color will pass on.

I'm especially in love with his one beautiful, beetle green tail feather.

[​IMG]

(I apologize again for the turned pictures. Any tips on fixing them? They're correct on my computer.)

2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    The lower ones looks like either a Red Pyle with too much red or White Tailed Red with too much white. Is the first ones body brown/chocolate like it kinda looks in the picture or is it black?

4. RanchHens

RanchHens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2013
    Central Texas
    He's a chocolate/fawn color.

We ended up with two roosters like this (Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum) and they are both just gorgeous, docile, and happy as you could ask for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by