what other birds can be housed with Red Golden Pheasants?

Has anyone tried red goldens with ringnecks? And what if they're both baby's still
Ive had a trio of ringnecks with a pair of red goldens. I didnt have any problems between them at all, both boys knew exactly whose hens were whose. And never displayed for the wrong birds. Even through breeding season aggression never started. I kept "Peepers/Blinders" on the ringnecks just in case they were aggressive but never were. I have also kept red goldens with pigeons, doves, chickens, ducks, and a goose

I think you have the wrong idea in mind. You should build a peafowl pen, as in a peafowl pen you can have pheasants peacefully live with the peafowl. In my 40' x 40' flight pens I have peafowl and roughly 3-8 pheasants in the pen. Peafowl should have at least 100 square feet of space per bird.

I think you have the wrong idea in mind. You should build a peafowl pen, as in a peafowl pen you can have pheasants peacefully live with the peafowl. In my 40' x 40' flight pens I have peafowl and roughly 3-8 pheasants in the pen. Peafowl should have at least 100 square feet of space per bird.

We will only have a 6x8 1/2ft. house! The run will be 8ftx 40ft. fully enclosed. One section of the 40ft.will be16ft wide!So probably not big enough for peafowl.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom