What other Countries have you Traveled to?

Canada

As we say in Michigan when people ask us if we've been to Europe: "Yes, I've been to Ann Arbor."
big_smile.png

I live in Canada--an hour from Detroit Michigan. Needless to say, I have been to Michigan--lots of places in MI, also been to Ohio(Cedar Point), and Indiana(Shipshewana). In Canada, I have only been to Quebec and the Maritimes except Newfoundland. I don't get out much.

i've been to Canada in the mid 70s...honeymooned there in fact.
In 2007 i went to Bosnia ,the Mostar area as well as Sarajevo. Aside from all the war damage that's still very much evident it's a beautiful place !

I spent my tour in the army in Korea a long time ago. That's where I learned people are people all the world over, but cultural values are different.

I've visited, either as a tourist or through work, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Belgium, Holland, Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Brazil and Finland.

I've lived and worked in in, for at least three months and as much as three years, Spain, England, France, Germany, Denmark, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, and Angola.

What stories to tell? Maybe the time I was living in Hamburg, Germany and visiting Dunkirk, France every other week. I'd fly to Brussels Belgium every two weeks, getting there just in time to get to the hotel and hopefully get a bite to eat before the kitchen closed. I’d drive to Dunkirk early the next morning, spend all day at the construction yard, then drive back to Brussels just in time to catch my plane to Hamburg. When I got a three day holiday weekend, I went to Brussels to see what the city and area looked like. I was tired of travelling through it all the time and never actually seeing anything in daylight. This is a good example of a lot of business travel.

Maybe about a guy that worked for me in Nigeria. His name was Square. His mother considered the square the perfect shape. What better name for the perfect child?

Or maybe a bit on Kazakhstan. When people find out I worked in Kazakhstan, they say “Oh, Russia”. No, not Russia. Kazakhstan was a conquered territory, basically a colony of Russia and treated as such. They got their independence in 1991 when the Soviet Union broke up. They did not like the Russians. Calling them Russian is worse than calling a Canadian a US citizen. Much more insulting.

The Kazaks are the ones that when Stalin forced them on collective farms, they killed most of their flocks rather than give them to Stalin. Many people died because of that. A brave and proud people.

The son of the state governor equivalent in Kazakhstan was working for us. He said when they got their independence, one of their first big decisions was to decide what the country’s official religion was going to be. There were about an equal number of Eastern Orthodox and Muslims in the country with a few other religions thrown in. It was not going to be Eastern Orthodox because that was too closely tied to Russia, so they chose to be Muslim. They needed a state religion so they would know which holidays to declare as official state holidays, not because they are so devout.

That’s probably enough.

Last edited:
Military here too.

Canada
Northern Mariana Islands
Korea
Japan
Singapore
Turkey
Spain
Italy
Portugal