What other ways are you different? Besides the chicken thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullhouse

Songster
11 Years
Apr 14, 2008
MI
I know some of you homeschool. We use cloth diapers and baby wear, live in a smaller house than average and have a big family. What makes you "not the norm"?

Don't have cable or satellite, no internet or land lines. Don't watch the news, or read the paper. I do not "do" commercials, I change the channel or shut it off. I am not on any medication, though some people would like me to be.....

I do body piercings (since I was 15), have body piercings, don't do drugs or drink even though I'm only 21, homeschool, got married at 19 and haven't killed my hubby yet, paintball, am an excellent cook (according to hubby), hunt (not anymore, hubby was a bad kid enough said), fish, can weld, build stuff, and to top it all off am a Christian saved from suicide, addiction, and other problems by the grace of a Savior I don't deserve. I don't know how not norm that is nowadays, but based on all the other ppl I've met it's not normal. LOL!!!!

Edited to add: STAY AT HOME MOMMY!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I can name a someone who'd like me to be on meds....MY HUBBY!!! LOL!!! we don't have cable or satellite either, just internet and cell phones...at least there's someone else in the world......LOL!!!!

Hmmm, I'm a college student studying to become a medical doctor. I'm also an EMT with a local volunteer squad.

Other than that, I love the outdoors, I'm very much into fish (Keeping tanks and ponds), I horse back ride, and I love gardening. I also teach several alcohol and drug safety classes here at the school for students who get in trouble for having these sorts of violations. It's a pretty cool job.

Oh yeah, I'm involved with exotic bird rescue! I work for a bird sanctuary and it's a lot of fun. I have learned so much.

I am an photographer who would love to make a living off of it someday. I love animals and nature and wildlife. I have 2 bachelor degrees but I am currently not working although I need to be. LOL I never used either degree in either of my 1st two jobs which I hated. I love the starving artist thing I am doing now besides the starving part. lol What else? hmm....

I don't have cable or even local tv channels, I am a veggie and AR supporter, I have piercings and tattoos, I work with animal rescue groups (mainly rabbit rescue ATM), try to be as 'green' as I can, am a homebody etc. Not a practitioner of any fundamental religion.

Last edited:
Um....

I breed reptiles (beardies, leos, chams, torts and monitors). And I like snakes, too.

I draw/paint horses for fun. I also do custom pet portraits (www.equibling.com)

I make handmade soap (all-natural, no animal by-products) www.freewebs.com/handmadesoap

I
breed & train Peruvian Paso horses....in addition to training all breeds.

I work in the courts system (truancy & juvenile dependency). I have a badge.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is unusual but here it is. I'm a former woman marine and now am a critical care head nurse and I train my own horses. I'd like to retire from nursing and just have my horse and chicken farm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom