What pest do I have?

chickengirl12

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 20, 2012
In my chicken coop, I noticed a small figure under our coop so we decided to lift it up. Under it we saw a series of tunnels and a pile of the chicken feed and the bread that we give to our chickens. What type of pest could this be and could it harm my chickens. Thanks!

Could it be a mole? I have one that has to have it's home under my coop. The ground is loose and there is always a small hole that is right under the feeder. I have been trying to get rid of him for awhile. I read that the mole is not a threat and that my chickens may even try to peck it but I do not think mine would. I saw them standing and looking at the ground one day, then hopping out of the small run and clucking like crazy, I went out and sure enough a fresh mound was up!

In my chicken coop, I noticed a small figure under our coop so we decided to lift it up. Under it we saw a series of tunnels and a pile of the chicken feed and the bread that we give to our chickens. What type of pest could this be and could it harm my chickens. Thanks!

Moles don't eat that kind of food. Rats or mice. If you are seeing multiple tunnels there is more than 1.

Back
Top Bottom