What practical extras can I add to make a coop cute?

@Sally PB was white hard to keep clean?

here is a photo of my coop exterior

And part of our house, the third pic shows our front perennial gardens. I landscaped with perennials around the coop last fall. So hopefully it looks lush out there this summer.

So the last photo is the current interior...ugh...it just looks homely! Like it needs some help 😕
Love your pup!

You got me thinking about decorating now...

If you're into painting, you could do a mural on the coop walls. Or sponge paint. I would suggest some kind of waterproof sealer over it. I don't know if chickens would peck at the design...? Just make the surface washable.

My MIL has one of those solar powered rainbow makers on her window. It would have to be securely attached and way out of reach... It might scare them... Maybe not a good idea.

Yes yes these are all great ideas, def need to get some pots and window boxes of flowers. And I will ask hubs if he can make some shutters.

Idk that I’m a great free hand artist. But I could probably paint the coop walls and then do a paint over stencil.

I just want to to have a cottage-y antique vibe, I know the chickens could care less, but since I’m in the coop myself 4 or 5 times a day, I want it to be pretty for me to look at :idunno

I love my coop exterior, its super cute... The interior of my coop is NOT! Its ugly particle board everything!
I would start by cleaning it, then putting a coat of white paint on the inside walls and ceiling. And maybe a second coat over that.

I would use some paint that is washable, and maybe also glossy.
Of course dust will stick to it, but you can just brush it down with a broom if the dust bothers you, if you did a good job painting it.

I have had one coop with unpainted plywood inside, and another with painted particle board (white paint, glossy, I think it was washable.) I liked the painted one much better. After a few years, I added another coat of paint during a big summer cleaning, because it appeared to need it.

Back
Top Bottom