What Q do I need to ask before I buy a Cream Legbar?

ackie

previously jwehl // dogs & cats & squirrels oh my!
Nov 3, 2020
Atlanta GA
I've never really cared about breeds before, but if I'm gunna do this, I wanna do it right.

I dont have a ton of information but I have a couple pictures.

IMG_3242(1).jpg
IMG_3622(1).jpg
628048203.jpg

The "olive blue eggs" in the incubator are them. Brown egg is XL store egg for size comparision. And he said they are indeed auto sexing.

I'm wondering what I need to specifically look at before I make a decision. I'm not looking for show birds, but I dont want to buy a blatant mix just because I'm uninformed. I would like to ultimately sell blue eggs and pullets to other backyard chicken tenders.

Can I assume if it comes out of a blue egg that it will lay blue eggs? I'm guessing not because nothing is that simple.

Are their specific things I need pictures of in the parents to help yall help me better?

Obviously I will quarentine the chicks from my flock, but what questions should I be asking about his flock before I take day old chicks? I assume he does not vaccinate for Mareks (as that's a small incubator lol) but I dont either so that would be ideal.

Thanks for your help!

I might have hit thumbnail so reuploading pics as attachements.

Edit: It looks like the first pic doesnt get any bigger. Saddays.

Attachments

• IMG_3242(1).jpg
    IMG_3242(1).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3622(1).jpg
    IMG_3622(1).jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 628048203.jpg
    628048203.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 3
Ok, what just happened?!! Is the seller hatching for you?what happened to the chicks in the eggs??
Power outage and then power surge while he was at work, apparently. He was incubating and I was going to buy day old sexed chicks.

Back
Top Bottom