What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Joining this thread, since I will be getting my first rabbit this week =) She is a chestnut agouti, but I don't know what breed... After a lot of research, I was thinking a mini rex, but don't think they come in this color? Any ideas?

I
I have heard of a rabbit that had babies at day 37. Which probably hasn't happened to anybody else but wait about 4 more days to breed her. Just in case.
smile.png

my current plan is saturday, so by then it will be i think 39 days, which i haven't heard of happening.

Joining this thread, since I will be getting my first rabbit this week =) She is a chestnut agouti, but I don't know what breed... After a lot of research, I was thinking a mini rex, but don't think they come in this color? Any ideas?
mini rex, like standard rex, don't come in the normal colors because with their velvety coat colors don't express the same way (guard hair colors don't really happen). they are also the easiest types to identify, thanks to those coats. when you get her, you can post pics and people around here will be able to help you (assuming she is a pure breed, crosses can be more complicated)

Well, they do and they don't. The correct, showable version of this color for the Rex/Mini Rex is called Castor. Some people call any Rex-coated, full-colored agouti a Castor, but that's not quite right, either. Castor is a deeper, richer, redder color than your basic Chestnut; Castors have rufous modifiers that put extra red pigment into the coat. You can produce Chestnut Rex/Mini Rex, and if you put one on a show table, a judge might just mark your animal down for "poor color," or he might put it off the table for being an "unrecognized color."

Ooooh, he's pretty. Don't think he's a rex of any type but I like his color. Not sure of the breed. Did you get any info on him from the person you got him from?

Thank you!!! He's such a sweet heart, and always comes to get pet. Other than he's supposed to be a she ( have my doubts ) nothing yet. Previous owner is out of town right now, but I hope to get some more info when they get back.

Back
Top Bottom