What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Ok everybody... I'm not very happy with my rabbitry setup, could y'all post some pics of y'alls setups. I don't want to put them on the ground, so if that is your setup don't bother to post. But I'm looking into more of shed or building type setup.

Thanks,
~Animals970~

Ok everybody... I'm not very happy with my rabbitry setup, could y'all post some pics of y'alls setups. I don't want to put them on the ground, so if that is your setup don't bother to post. But I'm looking into more of shed or building type setup.

Thanks,
~Animals970~

I have my rabbits outside in hutches side by side. Actually the Tractor Supply hutches that are sold as "chicken coops/rabbit hutches" are what I use for 4 of my rabbits because I raise dwarf breeds so I split them in two raising a doe and buck on each side. I'll take pictures when I go out to lock up the coops tonight. Hopefully they don't come out too dark. I have two of those hutches, a mini satin pair in one, a holland pair in another and then I have two more hutches next to those. My rabbits come out daily and get to run around the chicken "yard" during the day.

Last edited:
Mines only temp, I have my breeders(mini Rex's) in my chicken coop. And the pets out in the open(wooden, don't recommend) I can't wait until my our manat setup is up!! It's half way done. Lol

I have mine in a rabbit hutch raised about a foot off the ground. It's wooden except for 2 windows made of wire mesh (a special kind dogs can't chew through) with flaps to keep out the weather. I am currently building a 10x12 rabbit enclosure that the hutch will be in the middle of, so he still has the whole area to wonder because he can go under the hutch. It's directly under an oak tree and at the perfect spot where in the hotter months it's always in the shade!

I only have two NZX does right now. They are currently housed in a raised wooden hutch with welded wire across the front for my viewing pleasure! They are kept in the shadiest part of our yard and have a tarp stretched out to provide even more shade. They also get to free range several hours a day in the back yard with the chickens. I picked up a used what I call buck cage (has the metal inserts to minimize spraying. Will be getting a buck around August. Since I'm new to raising backyard rabbits, I don't have a solid plan yet. However, am moving in the direction of and slowly convincing DH into transforming our 8 x 8 garden shed into a rabbit house where I can have cages, build a couple of grow out pens and put a cooler in there. (we get well into triple digits in summer time) He just picked up a used cooler and some wood on sale. We are doing our best to keep this a frugal enterprise until we see how far we want to go. The hot weather is quickly approaching so decisions are being made right now. I trust you will find just the right set up that works for you.

Got my little girl out and put her on the balcony to meet our buck. Took him about five minutes to notice her then he came over sniffed her head to toe. After a few more snifs he tried to mount her but I pulled him away and told him no. He sure wanted her lol but guess even grown hes gonna be too big of a buck for her so we will get her another cage and find him a more suitable female once I get the house issue settled. Hate keeping her cooped up but no choice for now so she will get out time as much as possible.

Thanks,
~Animals970~

It's raining so I can't go outside and take a picture, so going by what's on my computer., sorry not the best.
I know you said you don't want them on the ground, which is fine.
A building I would worry about temperature more (a shed really holds the heat/cold), plus it seems like it would be really messy? We originally had chickens in a shed & it didn't work out I had to build another set up. Not trying to discourage you at all, just sharing my experience.
I am new to rabbits so it's pretty basic. There was 16 ft or so between the fence and our shed, so we fenced that in to be like a 16'x 14' pen. Then we buried livestock fencing about a foot down under the whole pen so they can't dig out. Then we split the pen in half to keep boys on one side and girls on the other. Each side has a dog house with plenty of room to sleep in. Then obviously they both have feeders, waterers, & hay. We also feed them fodder. We live in the city so there really aren't predators as you would have out in the country so this is about as secure as we need it. The rabbits are really happy to get to dig in the dirt and lay in the sun, not having the wire bottom cages. And it makes it a lot easier for me to clean, just rake out the poo & put it in the garden. Even our pet rabbits we let free range liked the set up so they joined the new ones haha. I have 4 boys and 3 girls. I was worried about too many boys fighting in the pen, but they all get a long great. Even like to snuggle together during the day.

There's a matching set up next to it, this is just the one pen. The boys pen (cut out of the picture) is slightly larger as I worried they'd need more space not to fight & if they did fight I'd have room to split the pen again.

This was a picture I posted the other day of the den my one was building, but you get a slightly clearer view of the set up.

Last edited:
Got my little girl out and put her on the balcony to meet our buck. Took him about five minutes to notice her then he came over sniffed her head to toe. After a few more snifs he tried to mount her but I pulled him away and told him no. He sure wanted her lol but guess even grown hes gonna be too big of a buck for her so we will get her another cage and find him a more suitable female once I get the house issue settled. Hate keeping her cooped up but no choice for now so she will get out time as much as possible.

Post a pic of the buck by your do please I need to see size. Remember she's a baby,

No babies still!
hit.gif
its driving me insane!

Back
Top Bottom