What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
I too lost a baby to day. But not from heat, she got cold, it's a little chilly out here.

But I have 2 left. This litters out of my mini Rex buck and mini lop doe, she had 6, 3 stil born and one got to cold( flipper)
This is blast of

I wish blast off was pure bred mini Rex. Lol, I would keep him, he's out of my moms mini Rex buck who died a few days ago:( I might keep him for a pet, well see.

Oh man, I lost 3 rabbits today from the heat!!!
They are kept in the shade and had plenty of fresh water.
What do you do to keep your rabbits cool when it gets crazy hot?
They were only 7 week old NZW's, there's only one buck left from them  :(
My older rabbits dig themselves down in the sand in the shade, but I had the little guys in a cage still, just weaned them about a week ago.

Try frozen bottles. I also have a fan blowing on them and hang the frozen bottle in front of it. Kind of makes an a/c.

Fan on hutch.

I have many frozen bottles in the freezer and switch them out as they melt. I put a pipe cleaner loop on the neck of each bottle.

I easily hang the frozen bottles on curtain hooks that are in the coops and hutch all the time.

Hi folks! Been a while! I see everyone is having trouble with the heat.... Personally, I freeze bottles of water for my buns. I know plenty of people who drink lots of water out of bottles and I just take their bottles away to give them new life before recycling. I have a near infinite supply of rotating bottles if I need.... And a chest freezer, so I can have one set in with the buns, one set liquid and re-freezing and one set ready to go out again. Personally, I find that Gatorade bottles work best... They get chewed through less. :p

I have made a number of big changes to my rabbitry over the past few months... I have a new rescue bun (this one a non showable rex being between mini and standard size) and he will be paired up with my existing rex doe.... And I have a few now rabbits including a purebred BEW Beveren that are all part of a rabbit project that myself and a handful of folks are working on. Our goal is to (someday, years from now) have a new breed of rabbit to show you all. :) There are a number of us across the country working on it. Fingers crossed that it turns out, huh? :D If nothing else, I have never seen a prettier bunny than this Beveren!

You can take gallon milk jugs, fill them with water, freeze them, and put them in rabbit cages. Put two in a cage with a mother and babies that are out of the nest. The rabbits will wrap themselves around the cold jugs to keep cool. You can also put ice cubes in gunny sacks or plastic feed sacks and put those in the cage for the rabbits to lie on.

Hi folks! Been a while! I see everyone is having trouble with the heat.... Personally, I freeze bottles of water for my buns. I know plenty of people who drink lots of water out of bottles and I just take their bottles away to give them new life before recycling. I have a near infinite supply of rotating bottles if I need.... And a chest freezer, so I can have one set in with the buns, one set liquid and re-freezing and one set ready to go out again. Personally, I find that Gatorade bottles work best... They get chewed through less. :p

I have made a number of big changes to my rabbitry over the past few months... I have a new rescue bun (this one a non showable rex being between mini and standard size) and he will be paired up with my existing rex doe.... And I have a few now rabbits including a purebred BEW Beveren that are all part of a rabbit project that myself and a handful of folks are working on. Our goal is to (someday, years from now) have a new breed of rabbit to show you all. :) There are a number of us across the country working on it. Fingers crossed that it turns out, huh? :D If nothing else, I have never seen a prettier bunny than this Beveren!

Our NZX does' father was a BEW Beveren. I agree, they are big, beautiful buns! The mother was REW NZ. Our does have color and very unique eyes. One eye is actually part brown and part blue. I know they would never win a show, but they have won my heart!

I got this beautiful pair of netherland dwarfs 2 days ago from one of my old teachers she said she needed cage space and known how I've been wanting some so she gave them to me free. The doe is 9 weeks old and the buck is 10 weeks old. The doe is the otter(black/tan) and the buck is the chestnut(brownish) Can't wait to breed them when there old enough

Back
Top Bottom