What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Just found this thread and thought I'd share some pics of our bunny... Cinnamon Sugar but I call her Cinnabun or Bun Bun.

She lives with our chickens and used to think she was one. In our old house her best friend was our cochin. She followed her everywhere. Once we moved she discovered the wild rabbits that lived under our barn and now she doesn't want to associate with the chickens even though she still lives with them. She's realized she's not one of them. lol She sleeps under the nest boxes now.

Here she is on the roost with her best friend.

When our cochin went broody the rabbit stayed with her in the nest box.

When our cochin went broody the rabbit stayed with her in the nest box.

I love it!I don't think I've ever seen "Broody Stink-eye" on a rabbit before!
gig.gif

so i have a doe i have bred three times and no luck.. but this time i think might be it! if she is pregnant then her litter's due on the 20th. I had kept her and the buck in the same cage for about 3 days but she was aggravated and angry and didn't want near him so i put them in separate cages right next to each other. today i switched her to another more comfortable cage for her to have her litter and she was significantly heavier and has a tight, firm stomach.. hopefully this is it!!

I'm worried about my bun Grace, she's being very picky with her food and she's 3 weeks pregnant now. We're in the middle of a bad -14f cold snap, the water bottle heater things still didn't arrive. Should I bring her inside to keep a better eye on her to keep her water bottle not frozen?

Ok, so today is day 32 for my 3/4 year old bun and after showing no signs of any pregnancy, even after palpating etc, I was leaving for a 24hour shift at 11.30am and I thought she looked a little uncomfortable. I went up to the hutch and she is having contractions! My partner is at home but not rabbit savvy and I'm not home until 12.30 tomorrow! I'm so worried about her as this will be her first litter and she's so old. I had seriously hoped she hadn't taken or that the deed hadn't been done due to her age. She has built a pretty good nest already but looked like she was going to give birth out of the best so I have moved her to a cage indoors as its cold here now. If she is fine and has them out of the nest, should they be ok indoors if my partner doesn't notice? If she'd done this yesterday I was home all day! Or even tomorrow! I'm so worried about her. What can I tell him to do for her? I've already said to move any babies back into the nest without touching them as she's not that familiar with his scent and to keep the kids out of that room to give her peace and quiet. I'm scared she'll struggle and I'm not there with her :( x

Oh, and for those of you that were still wondering... I figured out how he got out :D turns out, the floor board in his hutch is loose and I saw him picking it up with his teeth yesterday and he very quickly managed to get more than half way through before I caught the little beggar!

Anyway, my Doe still hasn't had any buns. I'm expecting the worst now and probably 1 long, dead kit :( or is there any hope left? X

I havent' had one go that long, but I know someone whose bun went to 35 days, than gave birth to healthy kits. Maybe because the days are shorter? I don't know, we are new to breeding. We have a doe due this week, she has made a nice nest and is pulling fur and lining it. We are going to have a cold snap though, in the low thirties, right around when she is going to deliver. I thought about bringing her and her nest in, but she is a first time mom and I was worried that it would disrupt her. Do you guys ever move so close to kindling? I can also add a heat lamp and clip it outside the hutch, that could be a better option. I just don't want chilled babies, but am worried about moving her.

I havent' had one go that long, but I know someone whose bun went to 35 days, than gave birth to healthy kits. Maybe because the days are shorter? I don't know, we are new to breeding. We have a doe due this week, she has made a nice nest and is pulling fur and lining it. We are going to have a cold snap though, in the low thirties, right around when she is going to deliver. I thought about bringing her and her nest in, but she is a first time mom and I was worried that it would disrupt her. Do you guys ever move so close to kindling? I can also add a heat lamp and clip it outside the hutch, that could be a better option. I just don't want chilled babies, but am worried about moving her.
Don't move her! Since it's her first time you don't want to disturb her. 30's won't bother her or the kits a bit. They will be toasty warm in their nest. Rabbits do very well with the cold, heat is a much bigger issue for them.

We're at -10f here and my heated rabbit bottles haven't arrived, all the stores are sold out of them, we got the wrong kind of heat tape to diy it. It's my buns first time and ours. I put in the bottom of a pet carrier for the nesting box and put in a bunch of nice timothy hay yesterday for her.

How does everyone else handle keeping the bunnies water from freezing?

Can't offer suggestions for those of you dealing with the cold. We are still having 70 degree days. Tonight will be in the 40's which is the coldest my outside bunny has dealt with. He made it all the way through our triple digits with just iced water bottles. I was hoping to breed his hardiness into some offspring. today is day 35 since mating him with one of our does. I finally took the nest box out today. I think it may have still been too warm when they did the deed. They are both first timers so maybe that had something to do with it too. Any way, am disappointed and will give it another go after the holidays.

Back
Top Bottom