What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
I am trying to deal with this exact same problem here. My doe has 11 day old kits and drinks a lot to meet nursing demands.

I've been trying to swap out with fresh warm water bottles, but the metal tube freezes within minutes so they can't actually drink the water :(

Do you think bowls of water are better for winter months? Will the rabbits typically adapt to something new like that easily?

I use tin cans in the winter easy to replace the frozen ones

I am trying to deal with this exact same problem here. My doe has 11 day old kits and drinks a lot to meet nursing demands.

I've been trying to swap out with fresh warm water bottles, but the metal tube freezes within minutes so they can't actually drink the water :(

Do you think bowls of water are better for winter months? Will the rabbits typically adapt to something new like that easily?

I have been using e-z crocks for mine. It works well and they don't freeze up as fast as the metal tubes. Still have to switch out a few times a day but better than the bottles.

I have been using e-z crocks for mine. It works well and they don't freeze up as fast as the metal tubes. Still have to switch out a few times a day but better than the bottles.

Thanks. Are those plastic?
I'm thinking of grabbing several thick plastic dishes maybe.
I took a dish out to my doe, and she drank from it right away! Which means this sounds like my best option. Water bottles can take a break until warm weather returns.

Thanks. Are those plastic?
I'm thinking of grabbing several thick plastic dishes maybe.
I took a dish out to my doe, and she drank from it right away! Which means this sounds like my best option. Water bottles can take a break until warm weather returns.

The original e-z crocks are a very tough durable plastic. I got mine as a regrind plastic they work just a well for me but my buns are not super chewers so they work great! What I like about e-z crocks are they attach to the cage so they cannot spill or dump it. This is not my picture but I got it off of google to show you what they look like. I use the 20 oz for all of them and I got mine off of
http://www.bunnyrabbit.com/brcom.html
http://www.bunnyrabbit.com/price/watercrocks_cups.htm
I love them! I know I wouldn't be able to go through winter without them.

images

Quote:
it looks like the ones in the pic lock in place. be sure to look for those ones because the ones that just slide on my rabbits thinks it's hilarious to rip them off! i have both metal and plastic versions of this one
metalcup.jpg
and tht's the ones they can easily take off and shake it and it's contents all over the place. i have used wire to secure some of them to the side though and it worked okay.

Last edited:
well it's finally sunny out so i went ahead and took off the tarps that were over most of the cages and they so appreciate this sun!!
here's how i have got them set up right now. i might change it soon because i am buying 2 more cages this week and i've got some litters coming up!

Last edited:
well it's finally sunny out so i went ahead and took off the tarps that were over most of the cages and they so appreciate this sun!!
here's how i have got them set up right now. i might change it soon because i am buying 2 more cages this week and i've got some litters coming up!

Nice setup! That's a good idea to put them in a protected fence not just in the cages. Mine are in a building but am planning on more cages which will be outside, I just might have to "borrow" that idea! lol

Nice setup! That's a good idea to put them in a protected fence not just in the cages. Mine are in a building but am planning on more cages which will be outside, I just might have to "borrow" that idea! lol
go ahead! it's especially useful if they're just in cages, while the hutches are more durable. i've gotten some sneaky foxes lately. mean things bullied my dog!

go ahead! it's especially useful if they're just in cages, while the hutches are more durable. i've gotten some sneaky foxes lately. mean things bullied my dog!

I had a friend that just had them in hutches and a fox got ahold of the rabbits leg through the hole and pretty much skinned it as it pulled it through the hole. :sick Not a pretty sight. That is why I like your idea because there is another friend that is giving me hutches and I didn't want that to happen to me too

Back
Top Bottom