What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
It's too light, she could tip that over and the babies will end up all over the floor of the cage or wire depending on where you're housing her. Do you have a tractor supply near you? They have the metal ones for $20 although they're rather large, which may work for you-sorry I forgot at the moment what breed you have again. When I went it was wayy too big for my holland lop. I'm trying to think where else you could get some sort of wooden box.....
I have a mini lop lol so yeah will be too big I think
Lynzi how about one of those chicken nest boxes from tsc??... your right about it tipping, I forgot..I drilled mine to the cage floor which was wooden in that section, LOL those nest boxes are big, even for my flemish lol
I have a wired fence I could drill holes and ziptie to the side of the cage :)

Lynzi how about one of those chicken nest boxes from tsc??... your right about it tipping, I forgot..I drilled mine to the cage floor which was wooden in that section, LOL those nest boxes are big, even for my flemish lol

I just remember pulling it down from the shelf and being like "holy crow!! My dachshund could fit in here!" LOL I think the chicken nestboxes would be too short (front to back) and if I remember correctly they don't have a bottom, so even you managed to make one work some how (maybe like a ND or another small breed) you'd have to get a bottom on it.

I have a mini lop lol so yeah will be too big I think
I have a wired fence I could drill holes and ziptie to the side of the cage :)

If you can get the tub to stay upright then that would work. Just be careful with placing it in there too early, she might start chewing it. I would try placing it in there without fixing it to the floor yet. But get it ready, like drill your holes, get your zip tie in there, leave it in there loosely to see if she starts playing with it rather than making a nest in it. If she's not due for another week you don't want to leave it in there for her to chew the plastic.

Ive seen some pretty big nest boxes out there on you tube, I dunno if its just me, but most of the vids ive seen if breeding does, They are in these little cages with a nest box and have just enough floor to sit on the side of the nest box almost on top of the food, its like they barely got enough room to turn around in there,I just built a hutch for My preg. Flemish its 6 ft long 3 ft wide and 3 ft tall, and it still looks small to me, I gotta post pics, I think I did an awesome job, I used all new material and It only cost me 60$

If you can get the tub to stay upright then that would work. Just be careful with placing it in there too early, she might start chewing it. I would try placing it in there without fixing it to the floor yet. But get it ready, like drill your holes, get your zip tie in there, leave it in there loosely to see if she starts playing with it rather than making a nest in it. If she's not due for another week you don't want to leave it in there for her to chew the plastic.

yeah I'll keep an eye on her. I was going to wait until she pulls fur but I heard some dont do that until they kindle or some might not do it at all, with first time mothers.

I just remember pulling it down from the shelf and being like "holy crow!! My dachshund could fit in here!" LOL I think the chicken nestboxes would be too short (front to back) and if I remember correctly they don't have a bottom, so even you managed to make one work some how (maybe like a ND or another small breed) you'd have to get a bottom on it.

LOl hahhahahahaha, the ones I got from there do have a bottom, its one of the all enclosed ones ...lol im still laughing about the dog

Ive seen some pretty big nest boxes out there on you tube, I dunno if its just me, but most of the vids ive seen if breeding does, They are in these little cages with a nest box and have just enough floor to sit on the side of the nest box almost on top of the food, its like they barely got enough room to turn around in there,I just built a hutch for My preg. Flemish its 6 ft long 3 ft wide and 3 ft tall, and it still looks small to me, I gotta post pics, I think I did an awesome job, I used all new material and It only cost me 60$
caf.gif
ep.gif
$60??? I've seen tiny, not-so-well made rabbit cages sell for $100 in petsmart. That's a great size, it's 1 square feet more than the reccomended sixe for a rabbit. Can't wait to see pics!
clap.gif

I was nausiated at the rip off prices they try selling those little hutches for, and the big ones forget about it your better off buyibg a prebuilt shed, same thing for my chicken town house, I made it amish style with 12 nest boxes a walk in doorplexy windows (with window flower boxes) and roosts, it cost be around 200

Back
Top Bottom