What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Wow through mesh and I was thinking you might need chastity belts for your does! Guess I better watch my buck but my doe doesnt come close to him often she sniffs him and moves away. By the way my rabbits urine is milky white or yellow, is that normal? I noticed he has marked the edge of the cage and part of the wall and its white. Rabbits im clueless. Yesterday I sat my doe back in her night cage and she peed in her water dish yuck! And fresh water is hard some days. Salt water galore but fresh nope. And no water bottles for them here like used for hamsters and such.

Do you guys always keep your does in separate cages? We have two sets of does in two hutches. We have them as pairs b/c I had read that they will bond and be happy together. One pair is bonded and doing great, they are just over one year and have always lived together. The other pair was doing well, but they are now right at 6 months and the raging hormones are causing a problem. They have started fighting in the evenings and at night, they are fine during the day. Last night one bit the other's ear and left a wound, thankfully it didn't pierce through! I'm thinking I need to build a new hutch with two floors so that I can separate them. They are my kid's show rabbits, so I really don't want them getting scarred or injured. Do you think they will do okay with being separated? They have lived together since they were five weeks old, and seem to be bonded. I want to do what is best for them, I was hoping the hormones would calm down a little and we would be okay, but I'm worried about permanent injury while we are waiting!

Some females may get along, but others do not. Particularly as they mature. That is why most rabbit breeders give each doe her own pen.

Wow through mesh and I was thinking you might need chastity belts for your does! Guess I better watch my buck but my doe doesnt come close to him often she sniffs him and moves away. By the way my rabbits urine is milky white or yellow, is that normal? I noticed he has marked the edge of the cage and part of the wall and its white. Rabbits im clueless. Yesterday I sat my doe back in her night cage and she peed in her water dish yuck! And fresh water is hard some days. Salt water galore but fresh nope. And no water bottles for them here like used for hamsters and such.

Mine have the same disgusting habit of peeing in their food bowl when they are done eating. YUCK. The color of the urine you described resembles my rabbits as well.

Great Photo!

FYI - some of you may be well aware of this already. I have found the best way to cut through stubborn rabbit urine is to use vinegar. It makes clean up a breeze. Just thought I would share.

Back
Top Bottom