What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
We are rehoming our lionhead mix buns to a new pet home. It has been a tough decision for the kids, but with them focusing on their show rabbits this year we had to make some hard choices. Luckily, we found a great family with two teenage kids that are going to spoil them rotten. They came yesterday to meet them, and will pick them up after Thanksgiving once they have the pen and play yard set up. I think it will be a great set up for the buns, and they will get more attention, but we are still sad. I don't think we would ever be a good bunny or chicken selling operation, we get so attached to them! I already have home for at least two of our mini-rex babies once they are eight weeks, and letting them go is going to be tough too.

Cocoa and Chloe, the girls that are going to a new home.

hmm how big were the holes? all of mine have wooden sides so they should have a corner to hide from them at,,

it was the normal 1x2 in. wire. I don't know how it started but once that fox got ahold of its leg it started pulling good and ripped her through the cage wire. Of course the hole afterwards was just a "slight" bit bigger than the 1x2 in. that it had been to start with.

I don't often mention this, because I don't like to put graphic, gruesome images in people's minds, but it is possible for a dog to kill a rabbit without getting into a cage built with 1" x 1/2" wire. I have seen it happen; I have had to put rabbits down after such an attack when the rabbit wasn't killed but was horribly injured. Take it from one who has seen what can happen - don't rely on the cage wire to protect the rabbit - you need to keep predators away from the cages!

I don't often mention this, because I don't like to put graphic, gruesome images in people's minds, but it is possible for a dog to kill a rabbit without getting into a cage built with  1" x 1/2" wire. I have seen it happen; I have had to put rabbits down after such an attack when the rabbit wasn't killed but was horribly injured. Take it from one who has seen what can happen - don't rely on the cage wire to protect the rabbit - you need to keep predators away from the cages!

Yep. Which is why the most valuable livestock here are my Maremma. ;-) No losses of poultry, rabbits, lambs, or calves due to these wonderful guardians. And with the heavy predation here on all this acreage in the middle of nowhere that is saying something. :')

Last edited:
Thought I would share a video of some of the kits! Not to good of quality but still adorable!

0.jpg

Thought I would share a video of some of the kits! Not to good of quality but still adorable!

0.jpg
ahh, I love baby bunnies. I just installed a camera on our puppies so I can see them all the time. :)

I have another camera for the chickens but our wifi isn't strong enough out at the coop so I need to get another booster before I can install it.

My lil cutie, Briar Rose (female 5-7 months old) Black Dutch Havana :bun

Love of my life, "Baby" Monster (male DOB 05/10/2014) Sandy Brown Giant Flemish :love

Briar is barely 1 tile long, 2.6 lbs
Monster is nearly 3.5 tiles if he stretches his legs all the way back, 5.9-6.5 lbs
Just neutered, so fence can come down in a short while :rolleyes:

Last edited:

My mystery colored (Mystery to me anyway) Holland Lop, Winter. She's 7 months.

My Black VM Holland Lop doe with marbled eyes. My first bunny.
love.gif

My VM Broken Black Holland Lop Buck with blue eyes.

My Harlequin Mini Rex Doe (with Winter cuddled up by her)

I also have a Vienna White (blue eyed white) Holland Lop buck but I don't have a photo on my laptop.

Back
Top Bottom