What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters

After watching our new little one, Tulip, I can see she is just shy. Tulip is the one that gets under the black tort, Nebula. I was worried that Nebula was just jumping on her and keeping her down.

Woke up to kits in the nest this morning, took my kids to school and came back to this

Popped them back in the nest and they half hopped, half crawled out straight away. They are only 9 days old! The black one has his eyes open today and the white ones arenth open yet but both are eating straw and searching out pellets which mum has scattered all over the cage floor today, something she's never done before. I thought it would be at least another few days before they were out yet! I've had to change the nest box over this morning to a smaller lower sided cardboard box so they can get back in, also mum had started peeing in the corner of it so more hygienic hopefully. Anyone else's kits been this active so soon? They're in a cage in the house now due to a leak in her hutch in this awful weather so they're unlikely to chill but I'm so worried!

PS the thing that makes it look like she has a huge dewlap or goitre is the white kits butt lol x

Last edited:
Oh that is a great shot. If you hadn't pointed out the white baby I totally thought that was a huge dewlap! Our kits are just two days behind yours. No eyes open yet and they are still in the nest box huddled together, plump as can be and popping around every which way. I won't get to check on them again until Friday due to work schedule. Am excited that eyes should be open this weekend. Haven't changed out the nest box yet. When I have checked it several times this past week, it smelled fine and I didn't find any of moms droppings in there. I'll change it out on Friday or Saturday. I can't believe how much the doe is eating on a daily basis. She is feeding 8 babies so I can imagine that requires a lot of calories. This is a cool adventure.

After watching our new little one, Tulip, I can see she is just shy. Tulip is the one that gets under the black tort, Nebula. I was worried that Nebula was just jumping on her and keeping her down.
That's what mine does! Mine almost tries to mount the rabbits. She is a female so I think it is just her saying "I'm the boss. "

Woke up to kits in the nest this morning, took my kids to school and came back to this

Popped them back in the nest and they half hopped, half crawled out straight away. They are only 9 days old! The black one has his eyes open today and the white ones arenth open yet but both are eating straw and searching out pellets which mum has scattered all over the cage floor today, something she's never done before. I thought it would be at least another few days before they were out yet! I've had to change the nest box over this morning to a smaller lower sided cardboard box so they can get back in, also mum had started peeing in the corner of it so more hygienic hopefully. Anyone else's kits been this active so soon? They're in a cage in the house now due to a leak in her hutch in this awful weather so they're unlikely to chill but I'm so worried!

PS the thing that makes it look like she has a huge dewlap or goitre is the white kits butt lol x
Oh my gosh! How awesome! I hope Lavender has her kits. She is due February sixth. I bred her on the ninth of this month but she looks pretty big. I tried to palpate her (I haven't done it much at all so I could just be learning) but I didn't feel anything. I left her in with the buck for two days. I hope I get kits.

Hi! I have some angora's and a friend of mine wants to thin out her group so I agreed to take one of her does. My question is do I have to quartine (spell checker couldn't help me with this one lol) her for 2-4 weeks and can I dust her with DEA what I dust the chickens and use in their dusting bath or the poultry spray that I use on them also to keep the little buggers away from my girls? She has a nice agouti that I'm hoping is a doe! but with 13 there should be one somewhere in that group lol! Any help would be appreciated!

All new rabbits here get quarantined for 30 days. It takes only one case of mites, or worse snuffles, and you have a big problem. At least you can treat for mites, but snuffles is not only contagious, there is no cure.

Back
Top Bottom