What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
I'm not quite sure what type of rabbit I have, I was told Lionhead. I was surprised 12 days ago but the appearance of 7 new baby bunnies but one passed. Is there any of you that could help me identity what they are?
[/IMG][/IMG]

I have 2 NZW does, and one Cali buck with what I believe are lilac points.
I am also getting some rhinelanders.
wee.gif
yesss.gif
ya.gif

I'm driving up to the Ohio mini convention to pick them up. One doe reserved in OH, 1 or 2 buck(s) not yet reserved in IN. Not sure which buck I should get yet... one would probably be a good balancer for my doe to get some "okay" babies as he has perfect spine markings, ear base, decent spots, but bad type, more like that of a potato than a good show rhinelander... but the one with better type has all the same faults as my doe, messy ear base, messy side markings....
barnie.gif
he.gif

Last edited:
Thought share about Ditto my Blue Dutch dor.She got her nane Ditto becuase before her we had another Dutch and they looked pretty identical,but thatbone died.So since Ditto means the same we named Dutto ditto.

I would defintely get dutch,they have huge personality's. My dutch like playing with my covers ,likes for me to throw balls,run in circles around me or me run in circles around her.

I have a some questions for any of you meat rabbit breeders. After having a litter, how soon can you breed back the doe for the next litter? How many litters can you reasonably get out of a doe before she is spent?

It really depends on what you want to get out of your rabbit. Health? Production? Quality? Quantity? I know some people on certain homesteading sites will breed back as many as 8 times a year (or about every six weeks). Some of us breed every 12 weeks. How quickly you will need to turn over your does increases exponentially. I've had five year old does still popping out 6-10 kit litters by breeding back every 12 weeks.
The longer a doe goes between litters (within reason) the bigger and healthier the litters you can expect to get will be, the longer the doe will be breedable, and the better condition the doe will stay in. But it seems like the average wait time is 8-10 weeks. I think anything under 6 weeks in inhumae and inefficient as the doe gets no chance to recover from nursing each litter and will quickly loose condition.

Incidentally, unspayed doe rabbits over 6 years old have high tendencies of reproductive cancers and at about 8 years old that figure reaches nearly 100%. But under 4 years it's almost unheard of. Just some food for thought for doe retention time.

Back
Top Bottom