What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Oh my gosh! So adorable!

Hey, I'm thinking about getting a rabbit. Any advice on what breed I should get? This will be my first one, and I don't spend too much on it for vet care or feed.

I've heard a lot about Dutch rabbits, what exactly are those?

I'm sorry, I'm just a beginner on this.

Oh my gosh! So adorable!

Hey, I'm thinking about getting a rabbit. Any advice on what breed I should get? This will be my first one, and I don't spend too much on it for vet care or feed.

I've heard a lot about Dutch rabbits, what exactly are those?

I'm sorry, I'm just a beginner on this.
Are you planning on getting a pet rabbit? Dutch can be good. In general, a small rabbit will eat less and need less space, treats, etc... But vet bills for rabbits are gonna be the same across the board in general. I might try to avoid "charlie" colored rabbits because they can have health problems, but there's not really an unhealthy "breed" prone to needing lots of vet care like there are in dogs... Mini and holland lops are friendly... Dutch are known for being very hardy.

I suggest you look up the American Rabbit Breeders Association list of rabbit breeds and go from there.

Are you planning on getting a pet rabbit? Dutch can be good. In general, a small rabbit will eat less and need less space, treats, etc... But vet bills for rabbits are gonna be the same across the board in general. I might try to avoid "charlie" colored rabbits because they can have health problems, but there's not really an unhealthy "breed" prone to needing lots of vet care like there are in dogs... Mini and holland lops are friendly... Dutch are known for being very hardy.

I suggest you look up the American Rabbit Breeders Association list of rabbit breeds and go from there.

And oh, yeah, PET rabbit. Could never eat it.

I am thinking about getting rabbits to breed. I had lionhead rabbits and bred them but I stopped a couple years ago with that.

I was thinking about getting mini lops...
Are they good for breeding?

Every rabbit is good for breeding. They're rabbits after all. Dwarf breeds can be a bit more challenging... Sometimes they have to be bred by a certain age and some of them also have a lot of stillbirth kits from a double dwarf gene. What are your goals for breeding? If your first goal isn't to better the breed or for food, you might want to reconsider it. With that in mind, it should be about the breed you love. What breed do you want to work with, to help weed out health problems and encourage quality breeding?

I have a Mine Rex and his adorable! If you plan on getting a pet rabbit any one should highly consider getting a mine rex! There awesome rabbits and there supper friendly, cute, playfuland there not to big which is good if you have limited space. OH yeah if you have a mine rex be prepared to make some new friends. There are always one of my siblings friends begin me to talk my bunny out. There also supper,supper,super soft and love to be pet. Only thing is if any one in your family is allergic to rabbits don't get a mine rex, they shed like crazy and it goes every ware! IT will get in your mouth, ears, eyes and on your furniture! They also have some special requirements to prevent stuff that other rabbits don't really get but their pretty low maintains other wise. WARNING!!! when you read rabbit books they say it will only take a few minutes of your day to take care of your rabbit, WRONG I spend hours with my rabbit. If you get a mine rex you will find your self with him or her all day long but you won't be cleaning out their cage,no you will find you self playing and snuggling with your rabbit for hours!

Care Question: Due to limited options, Briar-Rose is located inside my room. Usually during the day she has free reign, but at night I lock her up... now, on most nights she's an angel and sleeps perfectly.... other days she makes a RACKET for HOURS on end digging in corners, chewing on feeder, shredding paper... you name it! Is there ANY way I can ensure this doesn't happen? Last night was a great example... didn't calm down until past 11:30. and when I have to get up at 4:30 the next day, it's not a great combination!

Back
Top Bottom