what season does roosters normally breed with hens?

I'm cracking up at all these responses
lau.gif
and I completely agree with them all...all day every day every season.

Quote:
Get a mature cock!!! Roosters that are not mature will be attacked by hens or pullets that are older than him. Another bennefit is that you can tell his temperment and not get a manfighter. One more thing, a mature cock is less likely to wear out the feathers on your hens backs as he will be a gentleman and treat them with respect. Do whatcha want, this is just an old mans experience.......Pop

mmaddie's mom wrote:

Think teenage male. Teen-age male? Think male! tongue

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Yes that would absolutely correct!

Not just teen-age male....all males!

All day, every day, no matter what season!!!
bun.gif

Ive been raising bird's for 6 1/2 years now.I have hatched chicks year round a few year's.Roo's don't breed any in particular season.I have had silkie's rear chick's in Dec etc.Chicken's tend to do their own thing. Some breed's of animal's tend to breed certain time's of year.I know Emu's generaly lay egg's when it's cold.Kinda like lamb's are born in spring. Be prepared for chick's or fertile chicken egg's year round if you have a Roo or two.
jumpy.gif
. I hatched out chicks on Xmas last year .
yippiechickie.gif

Roosters - the minute their eyes snap open in the morning they think about breeding. When their eyes drop closed at night I do believe they dream about it. Really, their tiny little brains are fairly simple.
In between while catching their breath they find time for a snack and then it's right back to work.
roll.png

Thanks everybody for all the replies. I normally only get one person to reply now i got 18 yall made my night
smile.png
But is it not too cold if they hatch their chicks in the winter?

Back
Top Bottom