What sex are my two Gold laced Wyandottes?

Two girls.

I've had both pullets and cockerels at this age. The cockerels were glaringly obvious. I have one girl who had a red comb at 4 months that I was questioning as well. Your girl's body type is too girly for that to be a boy.

But then again, what do I know?
smile.png

This is the same GLW at 4 months. The earlier picture might even be at 2 months of age. Again, she is a pullet.

I think they are both pullets. I have a GLW and a SLW. The SLW had a very bid red comb at about 12 weeks, small wattles! She is now 27 weeks and just started laying. The GLW is smaller in body and development compared to the Silver.

Judging the pictures and comparing them to the rooster and pullet I have, the redder one I would say is a cockerel. I say that because the comb larger and redder than the other one. The legs are thicker than the other one. Roosters will have larger leg bones. Also watching the chicks I have now, know at least one of them is a cockerel and observing his stance, I still think the redder one is a cockerel and the other one is a pullet. Ridgerunner said the GLW chick I have is a cockerel and what I've said is what I've noticed about him. So if I'm wrong blame it on RR.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom