~ what sex are these 4 EEs? (Some cute pics of baby EEs!!!)~*2added!*

No my son's class hatched them 4 weeks ago. He is the only one I have that is an EE, but I did see some of the others that got homes elsewhere. They were brought in last week for the school science fair and their combs were flat and yellow. Plus My guy is 4 weeks and still has tons of baby fluff. His wing feathers are about all he has...there is a short stumpy little tail that just grew like last week. He has a couple chest feathers, but that is about it. His comb getting really pink. my RIR 's comb is yellow and so is my Delaware Blue Hen.
so I guess, no I dont know 100% until he crows, but I am at 99.999% sure...lol

it is still really early, but I would guess girls off of the feathering. I am just now really sure about mine at 4 weeks, but he has always had a thick comb and he is really heavy and stocky, really thick legs.

Here is a picture of him at 2 weeks, notice how thick his comb is and no tail!!! He now has a little one, but it is small and scragly...lol. Now he is 4 weeks and is just now getting his chest feathers...all my others and the others I saw at school are mostly feathered...he looks more like a baby bunny...

NewBabies2008035.jpg

Last edited:
From my experience of EE, the ones you have that have Loads of feathering and little tail feathers already are girls. The one that I see that has little bit of feathers might be a roo. Good ratio for you if you picked st. run. I end up picking roos, No luck at picking girls! lol. Also look for the thick legs like the others said and the three ridges on the comb as the weeks go by!

Looking again, I would have to agree with Lanissa..The lightest one does have less feathering. If you were to question any of them, that would be the one is question...Look closely at the combs in the next few weeks, maybe you will be able to see a difference .

ok, i just added my other 2!!!SO please do the same for them!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom