What sex are we? UPDATED!.. 9 weeks old now....page 2 post #17

I think Jet and Yoko are roos, Tilly needs a little more time to tell but I would lean toward roo at this time. Pingu and Raven look like pullets to me. They are all so cute! I love the variation and diversity.

Ok so here we are at 5.5 weeks old!

I have some updated photos for you all to enjoy and give any opinions of sexing them. The photo arnt the best, they just wouldnt keep still!
wee.gif

Ok firstly the 2 we all agree on as being pullets. At 5.5 weeks do you all still agree?

Pingu
pinguweek5993x459.jpg

Raven
ravenweek5912x422.jpg

Ok the next two seem quite difficult. Seems to be 50:50 on Tilly and yoko leaning towards a roo. What do u guys think now?

First Tilly. The comb seems to be a bit bigger but hasnt changed colour it seems. She is also the smallest of all of them.
tillyweek5662x412.jpg

Then Yoko. Again comb has gotten a little bigger, but no real colour change. She also has no wattles yet.
yokoweek5687x385.jpg

Please, please ,please let them be pullets. Only Jet (not pictured) is very obviously a roo and Tilly is the same mix breed, frizzled with same comb and slight feathered legs. If Tilly was a roo wouldnt she be at a similar development stage? Or am I just clutching at straws hehe.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Thanks sooooooo much!
xxx

The last 2 are definitely roosters.......first two, eh.....number 1 looks kind of girly, number 2 is a tossup. Still a bit young. Although some roosters make it obvious young....some don't. So I wouldn't guarantee anything. But the last 2 ARE roosters.

Quote:
I hate to say that I think Raven is looking on the rooish side also with that comb ...here`s hoping I am wrong.

My last hatch I had 7/9 roos
sad.png

Sometimes it just happens.

Ok hey guys! Here we are at 9 weeks old and are now happy in their new outside coop and run. I have taken some more photos to see what you think about the sexes now.

What do you think?

Yoko and Jet
IMG_0181648x484.jpg

Tilly and Jet
IMG_0182648x484-1.jpg

Raven, Yoko and bottom of Pingu
IMG_0178648x484.jpg

Yoko, Jet and Pingu
IMG_0177648x484.jpg

Tilly, Raven and Yoko
IMG_0176648x484.jpg

Random shot
IMG_0175648x484.jpg

Jet
IMG_0174648x484.jpg

Tilly, Yoko and Pingu
IMG_0173648x484.jpg

I would say myself that Jet and unfortunatly Yoko are roos. Pingu and Raven are pullets and Tilly, even tho her comb and wattle are quite big is not as red as Jets and "looks" female to me.

What do you think?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom