What sex do you think my pekin bantam babies are?

Oh i hope your right Spikennipper i am really stressing over these babies. I am analysing them daily. I might just have to post more pics in a few weeks time just to check.

Thank you also chooks4life for your response, I have heard of people usin a box to contain a rooster a night - will just have to see how things go :/

I have 2 pekin bantam (cochin) roos, they crow quite a bit in the morning (probably because of their roof that lets light through) but with windows closed you can barely hear it and none of our neighbours have complained (we live in the city) but it will be more of a problrm in the summer so im trying to sell them

Hope for your sake they're somehow pullets instead of cockerels. Best wishes and I will check back if you post some pics in future sometime. It should be very clear then.

Just a photo update, our pekin babies are now approx 10wks old. I am thinking the buff one is looking like a boy, but what about the other? Thanks:D

Agree. It could be a slow cockerel but at the moment it looks like perhaps it's a pullet. Both cute birds, very dovelike with their faces, that's one thing I always liked about the little banties.

I just wanted to update you all on our now 13 week old pekins. Well the buff started to crow last week - a very hilarious squeaky crow, although it has already improved :D so Myrtle is now a Marvin .

I have spoken to someone at our local laws office and we are allowed to keep roosters as long as no one complains, fingers crossed. We are now excited about having a rooster (he is such a nice boy too)

I think Iris is still looking like a girl, I hope this doesn't change :/

Back
Top Bottom