What sex is it?

Softheart

Songster
Mar 16, 2021
I'm struggling with this. Any help would be appreciated thank you. I was told you could tell by the wing feathers. This is the one I hatched almost a week ago. RIR Rooster and Brown Isa hen are the parents šŸ˜³

Attachments

• 20210421_134525.jpg
    20210421_134525.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 7
I guess I'll just try to do vent sexing, I should be able to get the correct sex that way then, right?
I wouldn't. It looks too old to be vent sexed (they must be under 24 hours old). Plus, vent sexing is very difficult (professional sexers "study" years to be able to sex chicks correctly because there are lots of vent shape variants that look very similar) and can also be dangerous for the chick (if you aren't careful you can cause a vent prolapse)

I wouldn't. It looks too old to be vent sexed (they must be under 24 hours old). Plus, vent sexing is very difficult (professional sexers "study" years to be able to sex chicks correctly because there are lots of vent shape variants that look very similar) and can also be dangerous for the chick (if you aren't careful you can cause a vent prolapse)
x2 PLEASE PLEASE please don't vent sex by yourself. I killed a perfectly healthy chick doing so.

Back
Top Bottom