What sex is this.

Quote:
Please inform me why you think it is... As I do not see a large red comb. The reason I am asking age is because my roosters' combs were twice as big and bright red by 4-6 weeks of age. If this bird is younger than 4 weeks, then I have good reason that it *may* be a rooster. If not, then it looks like a pullet.

Quote:
Please inform me why you think it is... As I do not see a large red comb. The reason I am asking age is because my roosters' combs were twice as big and bright red by 4-6 weeks of age. If this bird is younger than 4 weeks, then I have good reason that it *may* be a rooster. If not, then it looks like a pullet.

A Sebright pullet's comb is very close fitting and dark until they reach laying age, then it gets a little rosy and gets a little larger. It looks a lot pinker and larger than the combs of the pullets I have.

Quote:

A Sebright pullet's comb is very close fitting and dark until they reach laying age, then it gets a little rosy and gets a little larger. It looks a lot pinker and larger than the combs of the pullets I have.

Thank you. I am assuming that quality must have some role in this. I do have a pullet that has been laying for a couple months though and her comb is still dark with a light tan area towards the front. But this chick doesn't seem to look anything like my roosters at the time.

This is the only pic I could find for a comparison of my birds.
12464_p1010127.jpg

Back
Top Bottom