what should i be feeding them

traytray01

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 27, 2013
Hi there. We got are girls 4 days ago there all age pol from 9th September so we were told and got them together . This is the first time we have had chickens and we have them in a big home made run as we have a lil dog and a cat the chi,lens seem to have made them selfs right at home and when I go in to see them feed and clean up thay come over to me thay are all a different breed . We have been feeding them mixed corn and layers pellets fresh greens and some fruit is it to soon to feed them layers pellets well i make them ill . Thanks for reading

welcome-byc.gif

Chickens should not be fed layer pellets until they are 16-17 weeks old, though I personally prefer to feed grower until I see the first eggs. The high calcium content of layer feed harms chicks and young chickens' kidneys.

We have eggs yay .well one is laying and she's given is a egg aday apart from yesterday . The day befor that I found a egg witch had cracked open and the shell was soft and plasticy and round like a pingpong ball and not in the same place allso think a yoke or jelly egg in corner we have 6 chi lens do not sure Hoo thay were from

Back
Top Bottom