What should I do for This egg?!!

I noticed it piped at 7:00 am and it’s 7:30 pm now but I heard it peep when I checked on it!
Betcha it'll hatch tonight then. If there's no change by morning, start following the instructions for assisted hatch, in the link I posted earlier. Very slowly, and VERY carefully. The moment you see any blood, STOP and give it more time. Just read those instructions carefully.
If by morning it has made a bigger hole and is still moving, leave it alone and watch.

I have a few eggs in my incubator I didn’t think any would hatch because the incubator keeps the humidity REALLY low like 19-25% so I’m really worried that this chick won’t be able to hatch WHAT SHOULD I DO??!!
I really want this chick to hatch!

It’s trying to hatch!! That’s the thing! And it’s day 19 in the incubator!

At this point - day 19 - you should do NOTHING except keep the temperature consistent at 99.5-deg-F. If you've been adding "lots of water" then the humidity has to be higher than you think (unless you're in a very very dry climate). I suggest you don't add any more water. Too much humidity and the chick could drown in its own fluid during hatch. A dry hatch at this point is FINE. Chicks may pip and show movement for 2-3 days before hatch. Please resist the temptation to "help" it. Intervene only if you see an external pip and no progress beyond that for 24 hours.
Here is an article that will help, if it becomes necessary to help:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/
I'm not a hatcher that's for sure.
Day 19, I'd leave it for now and just wait if it were me.

I agree, I'd check the humidity with a calibrated hygrometer before the next hatch. Adding lots of water and the numbers aren't moving, something is not right.
Too high humidity, the chick will drown, so I would lean toward not adding more water.

Read the assisted guide and read it some more and wait. I'm not a fan of assisting at all but have done it. Sometimes things turn out o.k. other times not. There's always risk.

Back
Top Bottom