What should I do? I NEED HELP for Pearl!

Yay for perky Pearl!!!
celebrate.gif

Hey y'all, Pearl is still on the mend it seems as the rain continues to come down. I'm grateful she's back to her normal self.

Here's one of my favorite pics of her with her buddy "Piper" the hen. Hope everyone is have a great weekend.

may192011042.jpg

I went out today to give my babies their treats and Pearl was making a beeping/cluck sound. She was filthy, looked like she'd rolled in the mud where the pen gets rain. Her left eye was a bit swollen and looking droopy, filled with watery bubbles again.
barnie.gif

I brought her inside, gave her a sponge bath, and gave her a shot of Tylan50. She seemed grateful to be less dirty; I dunno, but she stopped making that weird sound. She's always been very quiet. I guess she just found her voice, and when she saw me, she wanted to convey her displeasure of being the proverbial "wet-setting-hen"
hu.gif

Anyhoo, I did notice that she no longer smelled dead like before, so I guess that's progress. She really is so lovely, and I adore her. We have a special bond--have had one since I got her as a little peep.

I guess this will be considered "normal" for us, this medicating, recuperating, and special care since we are dealing with CRD. The other chickens are being kind to her, no one has picked on her to my knowledge, and my roo "Pinot" loves her. They are practically joined at the hip.

This is Pinot. He is an egg-mate of hers.

may192011053.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good week. May you are your feathered families be well.
jumpy.gif

Well hellllooo handsome Mr Pinot!
wink.png

It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job. Everything crossed that she continues like this, or even better
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom