What should I do now? EGG SHIPPING RANT

What now?

• Your fault: Give a full refund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your fault : Give a partial refund

• Wait and see how well they hatch...

• After they are shipped, they arent your responsibility.

• Other : Please Explain

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenwhisperer123

Whispers Loudly
10 Years
Mar 7, 2009
Lincoln, Nebraska
I recently shipped my first set of eggs. I was at school, so my mom was nice enough to bring them to the post office, and get them shipped. Each egg was wrapped individually in Bubble Wrap, put into cartons, and the cartons were wrapped in Bubble Wrap. They were then packaged in a book-shipping type box (which is what the Post Office told us to ship it in,) and sent off. Since I wasnt there, I guess that fragile was NOT written on the box. Out of 21 eggs, 11 made the trip, and Im not sure how well they will hatch....

What should I do from here?

PS: The auction was for 15+ eggs, the other 6 were bonus.

ETA: I also thought I should add that the buyer is very kind, and I am in no way questioning their honesty.

Last edited:
If it were me, because you didn't send them yourself so you don't know if packaging material was set around the eggs, I would send more. Not your fault, not their fault. Just good business.

Quote:
I think I may have been confusing..
smile.png

I wrapped the eggs, put them in the cartons, and wrapped the cartons, The only thing my mom did was take them to the PO, and put them in the box.

Thanks for your input, I hope more people will help.

I reciently recieved a box i'm certain the PO juggled and tap danced on, 5 eggs smashed. I set the survivors after checking for cracks by candling, and everyone has set veins. Sometimes what looks like a lost box still develops.

Quote:
I think I may have been confusing..
smile.png

I wrapped the eggs, put them in the cartons, and wrapped the cartons, The only thing my mom did was take them to the PO, and put them in the box.

Thanks for your input, I hope more people will help.

that is what I am talking about - she should have had packing material in there so there wasn't a chance in hell the carton could shift.

I would offer more eggs and the buyer pays shipping. 10 eggs out of 21 broke is a lot of eggs. I rarely hear of so many being broke.

Don't refund - offer to send another set for shipping. It's always a good idea to ask for a picture of how they arrived and a note from the postal office, also, just in case they are not being truthful.

Also, use a different box. If the box was the long, skinny box that I'm thinking of, it probably wasn't the best choice. Go for the 12x12x8 (#7) box.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm not sure what a book-shipping type box is --- what were the dimensions?
If it was a flattish box, rather than more squarish box, that might have been the problem.
You have to figure out what shipping method works for you. That method (BubbbleWrap in cartons) might not be 'it'.

If I had sold/shipped them, I would offer to replace the broken eggs at no charge or the whole group for S&H. Honestly though, with that many broken eggs, I'd most likely just reship the whole group for no charge (and rethink the wrapping/packing).

Good luck!
smile.png

Lisa
And to me, 15+ means '15 eggs plus more egg/s', the extra were part of the auction --- not a bonus. If you offered 15 and then sent 21, the other 6 would be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom