What should I do now? EGG SHIPPING RANT

What now?

• Your fault: Give a full refund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your fault : Give a partial refund

• Wait and see how well they hatch...

• After they are shipped, they arent your responsibility.

• Other : Please Explain

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi GreenFamily! You just said that, didn't you. That's what happens when I start typing a reply (there were no responses then ) and Hubby hollers "honey! come look at this", then come back and click submit.
smile.png

Lisa

I would offer to re ship at your expense, if the buyer offers to pay shipping you may let them do that. I bought the first eggs from a person on this board that is now very respected and sells quite a few eggs, most of you would know who she is. I could tell she tried hard but the packing was not great and over half the eggs were broken. She offered to reship at her expense, i didnt want her to as I had some of the more or less intact, so I sent money for shipping. the next eggs were very well packed and I knew she was genuinely concerned. I think you are too and it shows. It makes a huge difference to the other person if you just let them know you care.

I would just eat the cost of shipping out a new batch. Yea, in the end you'll cut your profit and may end up not making any profit at all, but it'll be worth it froom a business standpoint. A satisfied customer is worth so much more than the cost of shipping out a new batch of eggs
smile.png

I agree with those above... offer to reship. Sometimes they will offer to pay for shipping, but in this case I'd just offer to ship a replacement set. If that many got beat up, the chances that the others were scrambled is probably higher. If they get some to hatch from the first set... great.
smile.png
If not, then at least they are happy to have the replacement.
Good luck... sounds like you have a very nice customer, and one you don't want to lose.
smile.png

If you ship your eggs using Priority Mail, those boxes are free
smile.png

I order mine from www.usps.com and use the one called 'shoe box'. Just enough room for an egg carton and a nice cushion of packing popcorn or bubble wrap etc.

I was using the squarish ones and had the same problem with squished corners.
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom