What should I do now? EGG SHIPPING RANT

What now?

• Your fault: Give a full refund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your fault : Give a partial refund

• Wait and see how well they hatch...

• After they are shipped, they arent your responsibility.

• Other : Please Explain

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the medium flat rate shipping boxes and never had a problem as I have shipped dozens of packages. I would kindly replace all eggs at your expense, Seeing as that was your first time shipping mistakes were made and now you know how to correct them-hopefully, everyone will be happy and your reputation as a seller has not been tainted:) I wish you luck

replace at no charge, I wouldn't have the buyer pay shipping as they weren't packaged properly..... well, sounds like they would have been fine up until the choice of box
hmm.png

Since it was your first round, and you hadn't taken 100% responsibility for packing/boxing/marking the eggs, I'd reship at your expense. It is good business. There's a "rule" in business, for every one unhappy customer, you need to make 20 happy. With the internet, now you need to make 200 happy just to make up for that one unsatisfied person. It's much easier to make someone happy when it is actually your fault. Wait until you get a customer that you simply can NOT please. I've jumped through hoops with some people, and had one or two leave neutral or negative feedback in some places, despite all the butt-kissing I did, AND despite the fact that they were just being a pain in the arse (wanted something that they didn't even pay for). Either way, this is an easy fix, you'll look back some time and realise how easy this one was to fix. A small shipping fee may seem huge now, but in the end, it'll be made up.

I will say that I have gotten eggs that had many broken eggs and had to toss the rest as the egg contents all over them really makes them unusable IMO. Sounds like that was the case so I would send the same amount and not just "a few", cost to ship is the same
hu.gif

I ship and receive hatching eggs. I do not expect a refund nor do I send out refunds of any kind to anyone. It's understood by hatching experts that shipped eggs are a risk for anyone. Newbies to hatching should learn this and old timers to hatching DO know this. I will and do ship out extra eggs if someone does not get a good hatch from my birds and I expect the same in return. I expect shipping costs to be paid is all.

I also use the # 7 Priority shipping boxes, 12 x 12 x 8 Handle with care, Perishable and Fragile are written on my boxes along with the stamp Fragile from the post office. I rarely have a broken egg. Each are bubble wrapped and packed with larger bubble wrap and shedded paper.

Last edited:
I would at least make the offer to reship. Last year I bought eggs from someone on this site. The absolute WORST packing job I have ever seen - my 4 yr old would have done better. Every single egg was broken into a gooey mess. You know what she told me? Sorry, there is nothing I can do. No refund, no more eggs, nothing. Boy, I am still fuming about it.....
somad.gif
I know not to do business with this person again and thanks to our feedback system was able to warn others....

I hope everything works out on both ends
smile.png
Sometimes it happens no matter how hard you try.

I would probaly send them more eggs. A happy customer is very important. I sent a dozen eggs to a buyer last year and none hatched, I know that it wasnt my fault , I was hatching the very same eggs out of the very same chickens with high hatch rates. So in order to please my customer (they was nice about it) I sent them another dozen, never heard from them again. I was taken advantage of but thats a price to pay. I always try to do everything in my power to make the customer 100% satisfied. Good luck

hope the owner of the thread does not mind but how many egg broken is two many. I shipped 30 eggs owner ordered 24 I packed the very well all bubble wrapped and used Big bubble wrap all on all side bottom and top. 12 got broken but that is 6 that she ordered. I have had that happen to me I didn't ask the seller for anything because I know sometime they get broken but this person I think is not happy want more egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom