What should I dose this Orpington with? New PIC on last post

The thing I pulled out of her eye doesn't look like goop to me. Almost like a sticker or seed. She isn't broody though and she can stand up but she isn't very stable and then she sits down.

Maybe I just don't know what ruffled looks like. The ones that I had that were ruffled last year always kept their head down and refused to eat.

She just sits there, looks at me and will eat as long as it is close. When she walks she throws out her right wing and drops it to the ground.

Her body seems a bit warm and the right foot also warmer and a little swollen. I live on 4 acreas and am backed up to forestry land as far as you can see, so we have quite a few weeds, sticker bushes included.

Also the people who lived here years ago buried their trash and the ground burps it up regularly--glass, tin, nails you name it and I get to pick it up.

So I think she either cut herself and it got a staph infection or she ate it and it is chewing her up inside. Just guessing here though.

Maybe you should post a picture of her foot from a couple different angles. Since she eats and drinks normally and just doesn't move around, I think it is all because of the foot. She lamed up that's what it is. You know what you might try is a crushed baby aspirin or the equivalent dipped in something you know she'll eat. It'll make her feel better. If she's got an open wound in the foot it can be cleaned, neosporined and bandaged. They have a neosporin with pain reliever in it.

Thank you again for all the help. I will get some pictures of her feet as soon as I can round up a little help. She is definetly limping. I checked both feet ( I even put my glasses on LOL) but other than a little swollen I can't see a thing.

I didn't make it to get medicine for her (don't know what to get anyway) because we had a range fire here for the last 7 hours and I think it is finally safe to leave but stores are closed.

Back
Top Bottom