1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What should I sell them for?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by greeneggsandham, Sep 27, 2011.

1. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    I've thought long and hard about this. With the cost of feed rising and rising I am going to have to cut back on somethings.

I have decided to sell my Blue Slate turkeys. I have one tom and three hens. The tom and one hen are two years old and the other two hens are one year old. The three hens are great layers and two went broody very easy.

So now the question is what should I ask for them? I have seen other heritage turkeys going anywhere from $20 to $75 a piece here in my area.

2. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    This varies strongly by region. What would be way too much in some parts would be reasonable or even cheap in other parts.

Four purebred turkeys of prime breeding age and proven layers, if they represent their variety well, I'd ask for $175 here in Florida and be willing to dicker a bit.

3. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    when you decide what you want to sell them for pm me an i might buy them we have a all toms looking for some hens

4. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    Well Ive been wondering this same question but to sell for MEAT....I want to get a few for next year for ourselves and raise a few extra. You can get a Butterball for 25 but it must cost a little farmer like me 50 at least. Any thoughts?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by