What should I sell them for?

greeneggsandham

Songster
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Putnam,CT
I've thought long and hard about this. With the cost of feed rising and rising I am going to have to cut back on somethings.

I have decided to sell my Blue Slate turkeys. I have one tom and three hens. The tom and one hen are two years old and the other two hens are one year old. The three hens are great layers and two went broody very easy.

So now the question is what should I ask for them? I have seen other heritage turkeys going anywhere from $20 to $75 a piece here in my area.

This varies strongly by region. What would be way too much in some parts would be reasonable or even cheap in other parts.

Four purebred turkeys of prime breeding age and proven layers, if they represent their variety well, I'd ask for $175 here in Florida and be willing to dicker a bit.

Well Ive been wondering this same question but to sell for MEAT....I want to get a few for next year for ourselves and raise a few extra. You can get a Butterball for 25 but it must cost a little farmer like me 50 at least. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom