What should I use for siding on my coop???

musicalchickenraiser

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
I have never done this before so what would you guys recomend for siding on a reatively small coop?
hu.gif

I would suggest good grade plywood, and then sealing the outside with water sealer or oil based paint. make sure to let it thoroughly air out before using it for your chickens!

The t-111 exterior siding is design for this, has an attractive plank appearance (4" or 8" grooves usually) and is a bit less expensive than straight exterior plywood. There may be multiple thicknesses available to you. Thinner will be fine.

Board and batten using fence boards has helped me match, especially, the long wall of my greenhouse with the fencing in my backyard. The interior walls of both the greenhouse and my coop are insulated and paneled so any possible air movement between the boards are of no real concern.

I'd need to turn the coop around to better see the cedar board and batten but then, I couldn't see the birds as well
wink.png

Steve

Quote:
This is what we are using and I think our grooves are a little narrower even. I will get some pics as we work on it this afternoon and post. We plan to stain then use a waterproof sealer of some sort on it.

We were going to use tin like is on all our other buildings (I hate painting), But boy has that gone up in price, the guy who is doing it it for me just finished putting vinal siding on a house and had a left over box. it is going to take 2 boxes but he gave me the one he had left over. so for 650 Including labor I never have to paint again, FYI it was going to be about that for the tin alone.

It may pay to check with some contractors, esp if you don't like painting

Quote:
Have you been working in the garden? Got some dirt under your thumbnail.
tongue.png

Not today, today I was making the duck pen. The dirt is still there too!
tongue.png
tongue.png
LOL

Back
Top Bottom